In a bid to bolster its health, agricultural and manufacturing sectors, Ontario immigration has issued 48 Invitations To Apply (ITA) under its Employer Job Offer In-Demand Skills stream.
The August 11 draw saw the province target 19 National Occupational Classification codes through its Expression of Interest system.
The following occupations were targeted:
Health and Agricultural
- NOC 3413 – nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates.
- NOC 4412 – home support workers and related occupations, excluding housekeepers.
- NOC 8431 – general farm workers.
- NOC 8432 – nursery and greenhouse workers.
- NOC 8611 – harvesting labourers.
- NOC 9462 – industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers.
Manufacturing (outside GTA only)
- NOC 9411 – machine operators, mineral and metal processing
- NOC 9416 – metalworking and forging machine operators
- NOC 9417 – machining tool operators
- NOC 9418 – other metal products machine operators
- NOC 9421 – chemical plant machine operators
- NOC 9422 – plastics processing machine operators
- NOC 9437 – woodworking machine operators
- NOC 9446 – industrial sewing machine operators
- NOC 9461 – process control and machine operators, food, beverage and associated products processing
- NOC 9523 – electronics assemblers, fabricators, inspectors and testers
- NOC 9526 – mechanical assemblers and inspectors
- NOC 9536 – industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators
- NOC 9537 – other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors
With this latest draw, the Employer Job Offer In-Demand stream of the Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP) has now issued 103 ITAs this year.
Last month, Ontario issued 55 ITAs under this stream in two draws on July 15.
In one of those draws, the central Canadian province targeted a single application for its Regional Immigration Pilot. In the other, it sent out 54 ITAs for applicants in the health, manufacturing and agricultural sectors.
Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
This stream targets candidates with specific skilled in-demand in Ontario. To qualify, applicants must have:
- A permanent and full-time job offer under certain occupations in the agriculture or construction sector and meets the median wage in Ontario for the occupation (see table below), and in a position that is necessary to the business.
- For those already working in the position, the proposed wage must be equal or greater than the current wage being paid.
- 9 months of cumulative work experience in the last three years in one of the eligible occupations. Experience must be paid and full time or the equivalent amount in part-time work in Ontario.
- Seasonal work does not count.
- Equivalent of Canadian high school education or higher.
- Valid certificate or license at the time of application for any claimed work experience that requires it.
- Minimum CLB/NCLC 4 in English or French in all language competencies.
- Live abroad, or be working, studying or visiting Canada on a valid permit;
- Intention to settle in Ontario.