Ontario immigration has issued 158 Invitations to Apply through the Employer Job Offer: International Student stream in a new Expression of Interest draw.
The May 26 Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) draw saw ITAs issued under two criteria.
The first, a general draw, saw 147 ITAs issued and a minimum score of 73 points.
The second, a targeted draw through the Regional Immigration Pilot, saw 11 ITAs issued. There was no minimum score published.
To qualify, candidates need to have submitted profiles between April 28 and May 26, 2021.
Ontario Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream Express of Interest Draw
|Date issued||Number of invitations issued||Date profiles created||Score range||Notes|
|May 26, 2021||147||April 28 – May 26, 2021||73 and above||General draw|
|11||April 28 – May 26, 2021||N/A||Targeted draw for Regional Immigration Pilot candidates.|
Ontario Targets Regional Immigration Pilot Candidates In New Expression of Interest Draw
BC PNP Tech Pilot Draw: British Columbia Invites 82 IT Applicants
International Students Receive 138 ITAs In Ontario Immigration Draw
The Ontario EOI system manages application intake for the following streams:
- Employer Job Offer category
- Foreign Worker stream
- International Student stream
- In-Demand Skills stream
- Masters Graduate
- Ph.D. Graduate
Ontario Expression of Interest Ranking System
Points are awarded based on the following attributes:
- Level and field of education and where they completed their studies.
- Proficiency in English or French.
- Intention to settle outside of the Greater Toronto Area.
- Skill and work experience level, earnings history, other factors relevant to prospects in Ontario job market.
- Labour market needs in the province or region of the province.
Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream
To qualify under this stream, applicants must have:
- A permanent and full-time job offer under NOC 0, A or B that meets low wage levels for Ontario, and in a position that is necessary to the business;
- For those already working in the position, the proposed wage must be equal or greater than the current wage being paid
- Graduated or met requirements of a full-time minimum two-year degree from a publicly-funded Canadian college or university; OR
- Graduated or met requirements of a full-time minimum one-year post-graduate diploma program from a publicly-funded Canadian college or university.
- Completed at least half the studies in Canada;
- Apply within two years from the date you completed the above course
- Legal status in Ontario
- Intention to settle in Ontario.
Regional Immigration Pilot
The Regional Immigration Pilot is designed to use the OINP to bring skilled labour not available locally to smaller Ontario communities.
To qualify candidates must have a permanent job offer from one of the three participating communities:
- Quinte West/Belleville.
Candidates must also meet the criteria for one of the Ontario Employer Job Offer streams, namely:
- Foreign Worker.
- International Student.
- In-Demand Skills.
- Full-time and permanent job offer from an employer in one of the participating communities.
- Meet the criteria for one of the Employer Job Offer category streams (see below).
Number of Nominations
Approximately 150 Employer Job Offer nominations have been set aside for the pilot.